Lifting Electromagnet (Lifting Magnet) is special equipment which utilizes the electric & magnetic physical quantity to lift attached materials and has become indispensable when to lift and transport ferromagnetism materials in lines of metallurgy, mine, machinery, shipbuilding and transportation, etc., and it can also be used as electromagnetic manipulator, magnetic force centering, bar length fixing and so on in some fields. As the attached materials are diverse, the electromagnet structure, magnetic circuit and manufacturing process are also different, so there are many series of strong targeted products.
How Electromagnet Works?
Here we take scrap steel for example. An electromagnet can be used for moving scrap steel from one place to another. In a scrapyard, a crane has a large iron disc that is not a permanent magnet. The crane operator lowers the electromagnet into a pile of scrap steel and then switches on the electricity. This causes the steel disc to become a powerful magnet. Scrap steel is attracted to the disc. When the operator switches off the electricity, the scrap steel falls off the disc. In this way, large amounts of scrap steel can be moved easily from one place to another.
Electromagnets require direct current power for operation. Whether used in manual or automated handling of ferrous parts, they must release the work as readily as they attract and hold. Release is a function of the rectifier and not the magnet. These rectifiers incorporate a provision for reverse current that ensures positive release of even those alloy steels which are magnetically retentive. Variable power and remote control are available. Rectifiers and rectifier-controllers are designed to provide reliable D.C. power for industrial electromagnets.
1. Adopt totally sealing structure with good property of moisture-proofing. Non-magnetic fender is made of rolled Mn plate which has good property of weldablity, magnetism-isolation, wear-resistant and shockproof.
2. Overseas technology has been introduced, improved, innovated, as well as get optimum designed by computer to make our products reasonable structure, light selfweight, strong attraction force and low energy consumption.
3. The energizing coils have been processed by special technology and thus its property of electrical and mechanical gets enhanced, Heat-resistant of insulating material reaches grade C and service life is long.
4. Rated duty cycle of normal electromagnet gets increased from 50% in the past to 60%, thus working efficiency gets improved.
5. Over-High temperature electromagnet adopts unique isolation from heat and radiation, the temperature of attached materials gets increased from 600°C in the past to 700°C, which expands application range of electromagnet.
6. A full set of auxiliary unit such as Control Cubicle, Cable Reel, etc can be provided as well.
7. Installation, operation and maintainance are convenient.
Guide for Model Selection
Our company has various kinds of products for meeting specific requirement. Please choose the right model according to the following guide.
1. Choose the suitable series according to the attached materials, refer to the table below.
2. The specification, tonnage, hoist height, brake type of hook, capacity. — should be provided.
3. Choose normal or high or super-high temperature type according to the material’s temperature. If below 150°C choose normal type; between 150°C and 600°C high type; above 600°C but with a limit under 700°C, super-high type.
4. Duty cycle: when exceed 60%, choose high frequency type.
5. When operation is in liquid, please choose diving type and provide us with liquid medium and diving depth.
6. Please provide with geometry parameters (such as length, width, depth, diameter and so on.) and number of pieces or bundles to lift when lift section material, sheet material.
7. Pattern Selection of corollary equipments.
7.1 For single unit, choose control cubicle and other assistant equipment according to consumed power (current); for combined unit, we need total amount of comsumed power (current).
7.2 Lifting height determines the length of cable coiled on cable reel. The power of electromagnet (current) determines current tolerance of cable reel. Pieces of the electromagnets and grouping condition determines numbers of core.
8. Pattern selection of permanent magnet lifter has been listed separately. See Pattern selection of permanent manget lifter.
Owing to diversity and complexity situation at site, when you feel difficult in model selection, you can contact with our technical department and we will provide you with the optimal approach.