Guide for Model Selection
1. Spring cable reel is suitable for mobile electric equipments of small torque with under Ac500V. Weight cable reel is suitable for various mobile power equipments with proper installation space allowed. Torque motor type is suitable for coiling power cables and gas hoses of large size and long distance. Locked torque motor cable reel is suitable for gantry crane and bucket wheel machine. Hysteresis cable reel is suitable for coiling cables for lifting equipments at port.
2. Drum length of cable is based on L in Installation Type Drawing. The available cable lengths are:
(1) L+3 loops for pattern A;
(2) L+h+3 loops for pattern B (value h must be noted when ordering);
(3) L+H+h+3 loops for pattern C and D;
(4) Pattern E and F confirmed as per the customer’s site conditions, specified separately when ordering.
3. In the Pattern C, the reel is fixed on the ground. When winding or unwinding the cable, there appears relative friction between the cable and the ground. Thus, a rollaway nest should be mounted within the cable motion area to minimize the wear-and-tear of the cable.
4. In Pattern F, generally H=0.1L, h=0.5H. If H is less than 0.14L, h is less than 0.5H, the values H and h must be specified when ordering.
5. Rolling wheel bracket should be ordered if matched with electric cable to run on single girder type electric block.
6. Cable winding and unwinding direction is marked in the overall dimension drawings. Make notes when ordering for special requirement.
7. The mass of the cable is excluded in the Mass column of the Overall Dimension Table.
8. The motor powered reel is generally of overhanging pattern in structure form (generally not marked).
9. Products of special size and special purpose can be consulted or negotiated between the customers and the producer or in ritten letters.
Installation pattern sketches
Pattern A-Vertical coiling
Pattern D-Horizontal coiling on the
ground ( reel movable)
Pattern B-Vertical coiling through
radial reversing wheel
Pattern E-Horizont al overhanging coiling
Pattern C-Horizontal coiling on the
ground ( reel fixed)
Pattern F-Overhanging coiling